Homemade Blender Salsa recipe | NoBiggie.net | this recipe is amazing!
It’s absurd the amount of chips and salsa consumed in our household. My Aunt shared this recipe with us, and it’s now our favorite salsa recipe. The best part is that you can make it year round since you can use canned tomatoes. When tomatoes are in season, they make this recipe even that much better. So pick up your favorite bag of chips, all the ingredients, and let’s get blending!
The great thing about this recipe… is that you can control the texture whether you like salsa on the chunky side or a little more smooth. As you can see in the picture, we like ours on the smoother side. Do you have a good blender? We’re crazy about our Blendtec Blender. It makes this recipe a breeze.
- 2 16oz. cans stewed tomatoes (you can substitute ½ fresh if available)
- 1 4oz. can chopped green chiles
- 1 garlic clove, minced (one ½ teaspoon
- 1 jalapeño pepper - chopped & seeded
- 1 bunch cilantro - chopped (add as much as you like)
- 4 green onions - chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1½ tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend to your preference. Serve with your favorite chips and enjoy!
If you like your salsa more on the hot side, you can leave the seeds in the jalapeños. Or you can add in a little hot sauce.
Hope this recipe becomes your family’s new favorite!
More of our favorite salsa recipes:
*Looking for more great Mexican food recipes? Here’s a list of our best!
*Affiliate link in this post.
*Recipe Originally posted June 2010 sharing again for new readers + it’s one of our favorites!