Happy Holidays friends! I hope you all are finishing up your last minute errands and getting ready to enjoy time spent with the ones you love. Here’s a recipe I’m excited to share, it combines two of my favorites – eggnog and rice pudding: Eggnog Rice pudding. If you like those two as much as I do, then I think we should be BFFs and eat it together.
For this recipe, I used leftover white rice that had been cooked in our rice cooker in only water (not chicken stock).
- 2 cups leftover cooked rice
- 1½ cups milk (whatever % you have in the fridge is fine)
- 1½ cups eggnog
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- freshly grated nutmeg
- additional 6-8 tbsp eggnog
- Combine cooked rice, milk, eggnog, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer and stir in the vanilla. Cook until just about all of the milk is absorbed (maybe 45 minutes or so) and pudding is thick.
- Divide pudding into 6-8 small serving dishes, cover and cool to room temperature.
- Chill for at least 1 hour, or longer, before serving.
- Stir in 1 tbsp additional eggnog to each dish before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and grated nutmeg.
I hope you love it! Merry Christmas week! 🙂
Looking for more sweet recipes like this? Visit or recipes page.