We had a little Southwest inspired dinner the other night, and we all loved this super easy Tortilla Soup.
I love gathering all the ingredients before I start cooking, to make the actual cooking part go quick. Do you do this too?
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (canned whole works here too)
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- ½ cup cilantro, packed
- 1 tbsp canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cooked and shredded chicken breast (rotisserie chicken breast works great here too)
- 1 lime, juiced
- tortilla chips
- Blend the tomatoes, onion, cilantro and chipotle peppers together in a blender or food processor.
- Add a small amount of chicken broth and blend everything until smooth.
- Transfer to a saucepan and stir in the remaining chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Add in the chicken breast and continue to simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice right before serving.
To serve, add a few tortilla chips into each bowl and ladle the soup over the top. Top with fresh cilantro.
Here’s a few more mexican food recipes you’ll love: