Asian Chicken Pasta Salad recipe | NoBiggie.net | This might be (in my opinion) the best salad recipe I know. This salad is a meal in itself. It’s the kind of salad that you’d serve at a baby shower or a bridal shower, and everyone will be asking for the recipe. It’s a family favorite. Doesn’t it look so good?!
The recipe is at the bottom, but I thought I’d give you a little of the HOW TO in pictures, with a bit of commentary.
Here are the main ingredients lined up, minus the chicken. As well as the salad’s dressing ingredients. I make two batches of the dressing, one for marinating the chicken and pasta in overnight. and a second batch for tossing the salad with right before serving.
Toast the sliced almonds and the sesame seeds (separately) in a dry hot pan.
Here are all the ingredients minus the dressing and the marinated pasta and the chicken in a big bowl ready to be tossed with the chicken, pasta, and dressing.
And here it is all tossed together! Oh, it’s so good. I hope you make it.
- 1 box bow tie pasta
- 4 chicken breasts cooked & shredded or all the breast meat of one rotisserie chicken
- ¼ Cup green onions (sliced & diced into oblivion)
- ½ pack sliced almonds - toasted
- 1 bag spinach (stems removed)
- 1 sm. bag pea pods
- 1 can Mandarin Oranges (drained)
- The Dressing (double this into two batches)
- ¼ Cup Sesame seeds (toasted)
- ⅓ Cup Soy Sauce
- ⅓ Cup Red Wind Vinegar
- ⅓ Cup Veg. Oil *or Sesame Oil is great here too
- 2 TBS. Sugar
- ½ tsp. S & P
- Marinate chicken & pasta in the dressing in the fridge overnight.
Toss altogether right before serving with round two of the dressing.
Looking for more delicious chicken recipes? Here’s some of our favorites: