Here’s a salty sweet treat that can be made last minute, or with homemade caramel to add a little extra love.
These white chocolate caramel pretzels are fun to bring to a party or they make great neighbor gifts during the holidays too! You might want to double the batch, because you won’t want to give them all away.
How to make homemade caramel?
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt the butter in a medium sized sauce pan over medium high heat. Add the brown sugar, corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk. Stir it all together with a wooden spoon. Cook the caramel over medium high heat, stirring constantly. The temperature of the caramel should read 235-240 on a candy thermometer (soft ball stage) when it’s ready. It should take about 14 minutes. If you don’t have a candy thermometer, you can just go with the recommended amount of time to cook the caramel and it should work well. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
Items needed for White Chocolate Caramel Pretzels:
- Caramels – or the homemade caramel from above
- White chocolate chips
- Cinnamon sugar
How to make White Chocolate Caramel Pretzels:
1. Start by melting the caramels in the microwave in a glass bowl… or make homemade caramel. Also melt the white chocolate chips in a separate glass bowl.
2. Working in an assembly line: first, dip half of each pretzel in the melted caramel then lay on a pan lined with parchment paper to cool. Then, dip the same half of each pretzel into the melted white chocolate and lay it back on the parchment to cool.
3. Once you have a few of them cooling, sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar before they have completely cooled. The cinnamon sugar will stick to the white chocolate as it cools.
Once they have cooled completely, you can throw them in a big bowl and take with you to a party, or you can wrap them up in little cellophane bags and give them to your neighbors to wish them a Merry Christmas! They will love them!
White Chocolate Caramel Pretzels
- caramels OR you can make our homemade caramel recipe...it's so good!
- white chocolate chips
- cinnamon sugar mixed together in a shaker
Working in an assembly line: first dip half of each pretzel in the melted caramel then lay on a pan lined with parchment paper to cool. Then dip the same half of each pretzel into the melted white chocolate and then lay each pretzel back on the parchment pan to cool.
Once you have a few of them cooling, sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar before they have completely cooled. The cinnamon sugar will stick to the white chocolate as it cools.
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @NoBiggie using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!