My parents recently celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary, and I knew I wanted to do something special for them. When I saw this fun idea via Martha Stewart, I knew it would be perfect for their 40th Wedding Anniversary.
I thought I would share the step by step here, in case you might want to make one too. I found a few things to be helpful.
– black and white 4×6 photos (both vertical and horizontal): to make the number 40. I ended up printing WAY more than I needed. You might want to try and figure out how many pictures you think you’ll need before you spend the time (& money) printing and scanning.
– clear packaging tape to adhere the pictures to the cardboard or the wall
– one big cardboard box: this is optional, but it was helpful to find a good shape for the numbers, you could also use craft paper to get the desired shape…OR just tape the photos directly to the wall.
– serrated edge knife for cutting the cardboard box
– 3M hooks for hanging the big numbers on the chalkboard – I love these things!
– one BIG 4ft. by 8ft. chalkboard
Here’s the How-To in pictures:
This was a such fun project…yet big project, but 40 years together is a BIG Deal, and I wanted to do something big to celebrate.
Thanks Mom & Dad for being the wonderful examples you are to all of us. We love you so much!
ps. This is part 1 of 2 posts. More of the 40th Anniversary dessert table here.