Quick Tips to make life better!
I love sharing little quick tips and life hacks that make life easier. Here are some of my favorite quick tips and life hacks that I’ve shared here over the years…all in one place. Hopefully they can help you too.
1. Use your Salad Spinner as a Salad Crisper. After you have washed and spun your lettuce dry, keep the lettuce in the salad spinner and it will act as an excellent crisper! Your lettuce will be cold and crisp when you are ready for it.
2. To prevent the Fraying of Ribbon ends, hold the ends over the rising heat of a light candle and watch the end singe and melt together to prevent future fraying.
3. Help your young kids to Avoid Burning their tongue by teaching them the lip test. Just touch the hot food on your fork gently to your outer lip and if it’s too hot for your lip, then it’s too hot to go into your mouth. No more burned tongues – ouch!
4. Here’s some tips for Picking a Good Pineapple: First, check the bottom for mold and then pull out one of the inside leaves on the top. If it comes out easily, you know it’s ripe and not overly ripe.
5.Catch Excess Cooking Spray with your dishwasher! Open your dishwasher to catch the excess overspray of nonstick cooking spray. This will help with clean up.
6. Next time you make pancakes, make extra pancakes and freeze them or just refrigerate them with small pieces of parchment in between. When your kids want pancakes on a busy morning, all you have to do is pop them in the toaster for a breakfast they will love.
7. Try Goo-Gone for soap scum on your glass shower door. With a paper towel and a little elbow grease, you’ll be surprised at how easily it wipes up. It will also help with water spots and future soap scum.
8. Save the plastic bags inside of old cereal boxes to keep on hand, they are great for pounding out raw chicken for recipes that call for pounded flat chicken breasts. Make sure to shake out any leftover cereal crumbs before starting, but once you start, you’ll be surprised at how durable these plastic bags are for this chore.
9. Next Summer when you grow basil, cut off a little and stick into some water in a warm sunny spot in your house. Fast forward 7-10 days, and you will now have a sprouting new start of basil to give or keep. If you love basil, then you will love to have lots of basil to keep the caprese salads going all summer long.
10. Next time you stay at a hotel and bring your favorite pillow along, throw your pillow into a colorful pillow case to make sure you don’t leave it behind in the hotel room. A funky colorful pillow case is easy to spot.
11. Summer Socks! Sometimes it’s just too hot to wear regular socks to bed in the summer, but your heels still need something to hold in all the lotion or foot cream that you’ve applied after a good soak.
To do this: find a pair of old cotton socks that you can cut the toes off of, and that’s it! So simple!
That’s it! Do you have a little quick tip or a life hack that makes your life easier? I’d love to hear them!