A cute and colorful paper crafted Christmas garland.
We love the classic charm of vintage Christmas light bulbs with the bold colors and the cute shape. We fell in love this this simple paper crafted garland of old fashioned Christmas light bulbs by Lisa of Stubbornly Crafty. Here’s the simple tutorial.
What you need for this Christmas Light bulb paper craft garland:
-colored card stock cut into strips: 1inch x 8.5inches
(preferred colors: orange, blue, red, green and yellow)
-gray card stock cut into strips: 1 1/4inch x 4inches
Craft tools needed:
-a hole punch
-glue or a tiny stapler
How to make a paper Christmas Light bulb Garland:
- Score the gray card stock at every 1/2 inch and punch holes in the upper half of every 3rd section.
Overlap the ends together to form the shape of a hexagon or a heptagon (7 sides) and glue or staple the ends together.
- To make the paper lightbulbs, fold the colored strip of paper in half by lightly pressing a crease at the center. Pinch the two ends together and push the paper into the palm of your hand. Bring it back up, and it should resemble a Christmas lightbulb shape.
- Use a hole punch to punch a hole through the ends of the colored strip together, near the top, keep the hole centered.
- To string the lights together: move the colored paper into the gray base and line the holes up to string the twine through the holes of both the gray base and the colored strip.
- Repeat this step for all the paper Christmas light bulbs until you have created a full garland.
That’s it! It’s so cute! We love how Lisa displays this festive paper garland over an old window with chippy paint.
Paper Craft Tutorial by Lisa S. of Stubbornly Crafty. Visit Stubbornly Crafty for more cute craft ideas.