Make homemade orange creamsicles with freshly squeezed orange juice!
My parents gave us a big box of oranges, and for a few weeks we were in orange heaven. There’s so many things to make with fresh oranges, but there’s nothing better than just freshly squeezed orange juice. I ended up juicing a bunch all at once, and we made orange creamsicles by adding store bought vanilla bean ice cream and lots of fresh orange juice. They were delicious!
Ingredients for Orange Creamsicles:
- fresh squeezed orange juice
- vanilla ice cream
How to make Orange Creamsicles:
- Add ice cream to molds: Spoon small spoonfuls of the vanilla ice cream into the popsicle molds.
- Add juice: Pour the fresh orange juice into each mold filling it up, almost to the top.
- Cover and insert sticks: Cover and insert the wooden popsicle sticks.
- Freeze: Freeze for 4 hours or best overnight.
- Remove with warm water: To remove the popsicles from the molds, insert the plastic molds into warm water, and gently squeeze the popsicles out of the molds.
How to store Orange Creamsicles:
You can keep these popsicles in the freezer for about a month. These are great to make in the summer and keep in the freezer for when you need a delicious cold treat!
Juicing fresh oranges:
We juiced our fresh oranges with this simple glass juicer… the old fashioned way. If you don’t have a juicer, just squeeze your oranges by hand. I did strain out all the pulp, for a smooth juice. Don’t you think oranges are so beautiful.
When are oranges in season?
Oranges tend to be in season around winter time but it depends where you live, although they are pretty much good year round, maybe just not as inexpensive as they are when they’re in season.
We are headed into popsicle season, and if you can avoid a bunch of the artificial colors and flavors and make your own, these are a great way to do it…and get the kids involved while you’re at it! They taste so fresh and your kids and you alike will love them.
Here’s a little video to show you just how easy it is to make freshly squeezed orange juice creamsicles.
Homemade popsicles are the best, especially when they are made with fresh real fruit juice.
- 3 cups orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1 container vanilla ice cream softened
Spoon small spoonfuls of the vanilla ice cream into the popsicle molds.
Pour the fresh orange juice into each mold filling it up, almost to the top.
Cover and insert the wooden popsicle sticks.
Freeze for 4 hours or best over night.
To remove the popsicles from the molds, insert the plastic molds into warm water, and gently squeeze the popsicles out of the molds.
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @NoBiggie using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!
Find our favorite popsicle molds on Amazon here. (affiliate link)
More popsicle recipes we LOVE:
- Three Ingredient Strawberry Popsicles
- Strawberries and Cream Popsicles
- Watermelon Kiwi Popsicles
- 25+ Popsicle Recipes
That’s it! Does your family love to make popsicles at home? If yes, what’s your favorite flavor combination? Let me know in the comments below.
Leave a Comment