The perfect Halloween party food: Holy (skull-y) Guacamole!
We are getting excited for everything Halloween around here…including all the cute Halloween Party Food that comes with it. Most Halloween treats are always full of sugar, so we wanted to make something festive yet healthy at the same time. How about some guacamole…Holy ‘skull-y’ Guacamole! Isn’t that fun to say?!
Usually by the end of Halloween night, everyone is craving real food, and this guac will hit the spot. First up you’re going to need to make an avocado skull. Isn’t he cute?! …I mean scary?
How to make an Avocado Skull
- Cut the avocado in half. It’s easier to work with one flat side. Start by turning the avocado half so the big side is at the top with the little side at the bottom.
- To create the teeth: gently cut through the avocado peel but not all the way through the pulp. Using a sharp pairing knife make little notches for the teeth.
- To make the nose, cut all the way through. The nose is shaped like an upside down heart shape.
- To make the eyes: cut all the way through for two big round holes for the eyes.
- Now you can put the avocado back together with the other half…the half that has the avocado pit still attached. For an easy visual watch the video below.
There you have it! Some Holy Skull-y Guacamole! Have a safe and Happy Halloween Season!