I’m always looking for healthy snacks for my kids, and these frozen banana bites hit the spot!
About a year ago, we did an elimination diet and we were off of gluten, dairy, soy, peanuts and sugar. I know! Thankfully it was not long term, because it was hard work! My heart goes out to all of you mamas who are off of these foods long term. You really have to get creative.
Eliminating certain foods from our diet was so good for me as a cook. We tried new things, we ate better and my confidence in the kitchen grew. One of the things I fell in love with was these Good Life Chocolate chips. They are gluten free, dairy free and soy free. I love to keep them in my pantry all the time now, along with almond butter.
Next time you need a little snack, you’ll have to try these frozen chocolate almond butter banana bites. They are super easy to make and so tasty.
- 1-2 bananas
- 1/2 bag chocolate chips (we are using Good Life Chocolate Chips, but you can use your favorite kind of chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter (we are using almond butter, but you can use your favorite kind of peanut butter)
How to make Frozen Banana Bites:
- Peel and slice up 2-3 bananas.
- Spread a little almond butter onto half of the small banana slices.
- Place another banana slice in a similar size on top of one with almond butter.
- Flash freeze the banana bites for 15 – 20 minutes on a parchment lined sheet pan in a single layer.
- While the banana bites are in the freezer, melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe glass bowl for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir the warm chocolate chips together until all are evenly melted together.
- Using a small pair of tongs, dip each little banana bite into the warm melted chocolate. The tongs help to grip the bananas, as they tend to be slippery.
- Place dipped banana bites back onto the parchment lined sheet pan, freeze the banana bites for 30 minutes or until the chocolate has solidified.
That’s it! Now you are ready to enjoy! You’ll have to try these! They are so good!
How to Store:
We love to keep these little frozen banana bites in an airtight container in the freezer. If we ever make a bigger batch, we will keep them in two containers. They tend to thaw quickly at room temp, so keeping them in two containers helps to keep them frozen longer. They will keep for a few weeks in the freezer in an air tight container.
Tips and Tricks:
- Work with bananas that are not overly ripe. If the bananas are ripe, and slightly underripe, they hold up a lot better for the whole dipping process.
- Use tongs to help dip each banana bite into the melted chocolate. Peeled and sliced bananas tend to be slippery, and this helps to get a good grip on them during the dipping process.
- Line your plate or sheet pan with parchment paper for easy cleanup. We are using a sheet pan that is called a “half size sheet pan“, it is basically half the size of a regular sheet pan. It has a plastic lid that clicks onto the top. It’s great for fitting into the freezer.
Are frozen banana bites good for you?
Peanut Butter and almond butter are both good for you! In just a few tablespoons of peanut butter, you will get protein, magnesium, zinc, niacin and vitamin B-6. Bananas are a good source of potassium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C.
Frozen Banana Bites
We love these cold creamy bites year round for a sweet healthy treat!
- 2-3 bananas
- 1/2 bag Good Life Chocolate Chips (or your favorite semi sweet chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter (or peanut butter)
Slice up a few bananas.
Spread a little almond butter on half of the small banana slices.
Sandwich the slices with another small banana slice on top in similar size.
Flash freeze the little banana bites for 15 to 20 minutes.
While the banana bites are in the freezer, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in a glass bowl for a minute or two, stir the chocolate until smooth.
Now you are ready to dip. Using a small pair of tongs, dip each little banana bite into the warm melted chocolate. The tongs help to grip the bananas, as they tend to be slippery. Place the banana bites on a parchment lined sheet pan (for easy cleanup),
Freeze the banana bites for 30 minutes or until the chocolate has solidified.
Once frozen move to a plastic air tight container and keep in the freezer. Enjoy!
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @NoBiggie using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!
If you’re looking for more gluten free and dairy free snack ideas, you’ll like this post of 25+ Gluten Free and Dairy Free Snack Ideas.
More Healthy Snacks we LOVE:
- Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips
- fruit rollups
- Healthy Chocolate Mousse (made with coconut cream)
- 3 ingredient Strawberry Popsicles
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- Raspberry Nice Cream
- 25+ Cute and Healthy Snack Ideas