Where to stay at Walt Disney World: Disney’s Riviera Resort!
My family and I had the privilege of attending The Disney Creators Celebration for 2020. It is an annual event held by Disney, inviting creators, bloggers and social media families to experience and enjoy the lastest and greatest at the parks and aboard the Disney Cruise Line. We were thrilled to be invited this year. If you follow me on Instagram or via Facebook Stories, you’ve seen so many exciting highlights from our week with The Disney Creator’s Celebration. This is our second time attending this annual event. Our first time was in February of 2017. You can read about our times at the WDW parks and on the Disney Wonder Cruise ship.
One of the biggest highlights of our time with the Disney Creators trip this year was our stay at the brand new Riviera Resort on property at Walt Disney World. This new hotel is a Disney Vacation Club Property and it’s the newest resort at Disney World. It is just beautiful! The style of the hotel takes inspiration from the French Riviera. Here’s a peek inside our 2 bedroom Villa.
Amenities with a 2 bedroom villa at the Riviera Resort:
- There were so many things we loved about the 2 bedroom villa at the Riviera Resort.
- Master bedroom Privacy: It’s so nice to have a separate bedroom for privacy.
- Washer/Dryer: We loved the ability to do a few loads of laundry so we could pack lighter avoiding extra airline fees for checking bags.
- Kitchenette: With a fridge, microwave, sink and a little breakfast nook, you really can feel at home. We ordered a few groceries from Amazon Fresh like Diet Pepsi and Frosted Mini Wheats and milk for a late night bowl of cereal for kids that needed a little something to eat before bed. It was so nice to have access to the kitchen amenities
- The Master Bath: The jetted tub, the amazing shower head and two vanity areas for getting ready were all so nice for relaxing and getting ready every morning.
- Balcony Views: We loved the views from our room. It’s so fun to look out and see the beautiful property of the hotel along with some of the big attractions at the parks.
My kids loved seeing how their beds converted as hide-a-beds. It really is a great use of space.
If you are planning a vacation to Disney World, I highly recommend staying at the new Riviera Resort. There is so much to do on property, from the beautiful pools to the wonderful restaurants. One of the restaurants: Topolino’s Terrace is located on the top floor with a great rooftop view. One of the perks of Topolino’s is an early morning character breakfast before hitting the parks, which is great if you are traveling with little ones who would love this. Or if you’d like to dine at night, you can have a rooftop view of the fireworks in the parks.
We loved seeing all the Disney artwork in the halls of the Riviera Resort. All the artwork is available for purchase if you are interested.
Extras included when you stay at a Disney World Resort:
- The Riviera Resort is just one of many hotels at WDW. There are so many reasons to stay at a DisneyWorld Hotel when visiting Disney World:
- Extra Magic Hours: When you stay at a Disney Hotel on property you have access to the extra magic hours of the parks. You can find out which parks stay open two hours later or which parks open an hour or two early. This is big for catching rides on some of the big attractions in the park before the park opens. You do need resort ID and your park pass for the day.
- Book Fast Passes early: Once you have your vacation planned and your rooms reserved, you can reserve your fast passes on the My Disney Experience App up to 60 days before your vacation. This is a great way to plan out your days at the parks in advance. Plus you will get complimentary Magic Bands.
- Complimentary Transportation to and from your hotel to the parks: Each on property Disney hotel offers buss pickups to and from the hotel to the parks. You can also use the monorail making it really convenient to get from park to park. The new Disney Skyliner is a gondola system is a fun way to get an overview of the parks while traveling from a few select hotels (including the new Riviera Resort) to Disney’s Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
- Complimentary Airport Transportation: Receive complimentary motor coach transportation between Orlando International Airport and your Disney Resort hotel via Disney’s Magical Express service.
Riding the new Skyliner gondola sky transport system to and from the Riviera Resort to the parks was definitely a highlight of staying at the new Riviera Resort. The Skyline takes you directly to Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. It’s fun to spot some of your favorite Disney Characters on the back of some of the gondola cars. We loved calling them out as we passed them traveling to and from the parks. The Skyliner makes traveling from park to park so fun!
On your way to catch Disney’s Skyliner to go the parks, you walk underneath two beautiful mosaics under a tunnel on property of the Riviera Resort. Every time we walked by them, I was in awe of their beauty! Disney really is so good at attention to detail. The mosaics are from the movies: Tangled…and Peter Pan.
*We were thrilled to be invited and hosted by Disney to attend the Disney Creators Celebration. All opinions shared here are my own. We payed for our travel and a portion of our stay at the parks and aboard the Disney Dream Cruise Ship as part of the Disney Creators event. We are so thankful for this opportunity and for the wonderful time together making memories. We love our time with Disney!