Please tell me you’ve had cream cheese mints? They’re so good! Not only are they delicious, they also make adorable gifts during the holidays. Super easy to whip up (only 4 ingredients!). This recipe makes hundreds, so you can have plenty to give and some to keep, or serve them at your next holiday party. We made pink and green mints, but you really can do any color and any shape too. We used a piping bag and frosting tip for these, but they also make so many cute mint molds for different shapes and designs, so you can really get creative.
We made a quick video so you can see just how easy it is to make these yummy mints.
One of my favorite things are precut parchment sheets. I love how they fit perfectly into a big sheet pan. Parchment is a must for these mints. They make it so they don’t stick at all.
- 1 (8oz) brick of cream cheese; room temperature
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 5½ – 6 cups powdered sugar
- food coloring
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, start to mix the cream cheese
- Add in the peppermint extract.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar until thick. The mixture should be stiff enough to hold a peak.
- If you plan to make a few different colors of mints, divide the cream cheese into two separate bowls before adding the food coloring.
- Green mints need about 3 drops of green food coloring, and pink mints need about 1 drop of red food coloring.
- Add the food coloring to the cream cheese mixture and mix until the desired color is reached.
- Put the cream cheese mixture into a piping bag fitted with a medium star tip and make about nickel sized amounts on the parchment lined sheet pans.
- To make this style shape, hold the frosting tip ½-inch above the baking sheet, squeeze the bag until about a nickel size is on the pan, and then pull up quickly.
- Place sheet pan in the freezer for 2 hours to allow the mints to firm up. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and enjoy!
Super easy, and a great make ahead holiday treat your friends and family will love!
MORE Christmas gift ideas:
*Amazon affiliate links in this post. Only sharing things we truly love and hope you will too.