Do you have a craft room? We recently revamped our office into a craft room, and I’m excited to decorate it! We kept the walls pretty minimal in color, because I want to use a bunch of color in the decorations. I recently made this sign: “Make Stuff” (!) for simple craft decor, and I love how it turned out!
I love the saying “make stuff”, because isn’t that what a craft room is for?!
The sign is so hodgepodge, but I love how it turned out! Perfect for a craft room!
To make a sign like this, here is what you need:
– a big plastic gold oval frame – think “thrift store chic”
– a big piece of thin styro foam
– a styro foam cutting tool (this thing is awesome!)
– yarn in a variety of bright colors
– white craft paint
– pearl head pins
– a silhouette machine (optional – you can cut out the letters by hand)
1. The first thing I did was decide on a saying for the big sign…MAKE STUFF! We used a silhouette machine to cut out the big letters. We used the font – OSAKA. I really like this simple font.
2. I then traced each letter with a sharpie onto the thin styro foam.
3. Next up: I used the styro foam cutting tool to cut out the styro foam letters exactly. This tool gets very hot, so use it with extreme caution. Once you get started, this step goes quick with this tool.
4. I then got the big gold oval ready. I was thinking about spray painting this frame a bright color, and I still might, but for now, I like the gold. It’s old-fashioned. I kept the center of the frame and painted it white with craft paint.
5. I then wrapped each letter with a different bright color yarn.
6. Once all the letters were finished, I pinned them onto the white board on the frame with the pearl head pins.
There you have it! Perfect craft room decor!
Looking for more fun ways to decorate your craft room?
Watch the video to learn to make these fun Pom Pom letters that spell YAY!