Here’s a salty sweet treat that can be made last minute. It’s a fun one to bring to a party or these white chocolate caramel pretzels make great neighbor gifts during the holidays too! You might want to double the batch, because you won’t want to give them all away.
My sister’s friend Bliss shared this recipe with us, and we have loved it! (yes…my sister has a friend named Bliss. Probably the coolest girl’s name ever.)
Here’s the recipe:
- caramels (OR you can make our homemade caramel recipe...it's so good!)
- white chocolate chips
- cinnamon sugar (mixed together in a shaker)
- Start by melting the caramels in the microwave in a glass bowl...or make homemade caramel with this recipe. Also melt the white chocolate chips in a separate glass bowl.
- Working in an assembly line: first dip half of each pretzel in the melted caramel then lay on a pan lined with parchment paper to cool. Then dip the same half of each pretzel into the melted white chocolate and then lay each pretzel back on the parchment pan to cool.
- Once you have a few of them cooling, sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar before they have completely cooled. The cinnamon sugar will stick to the white chocolate as it cools.
Once they have cooled completely, you can throw them in a big bowl and take with you to a party, or you can wrap them up in little cellophane bags and give them to your neighbors to wish them a Merry Christmas! They will love them!
I love keeping plain clear cellophane gift sacks on hand for food gifts like this. I especially love the kind that have a hard cardboard bottom that can stand up right.
Looking for more neighbor gift ideas? You’ll find something great from this list of 25+ Neighbor Gift Ideas.
*affiliate link in this post.