My parents recently celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary, and I knew I wanted to do something special for them. When I saw this image via Martha Stewart, I knew it would be perfect!
I thought I would share the step by step here, in case you might want to make one yourself. I found a few things to be helpful.
– black and white 4×6 photos (both vertical and horizontal): to make the ’40’ I ended up printing WAY more than I needed. You might want to try and figure out how many pictures you think you’ll need before you spend the time (& money) printing and scanning.
– one giant cardboard box: this is optional, but it really helped me find a good shape of the numbers
– serrated edge knife for cutting the cardboard box
– clear packaging tape to adhere the pictures to the cardboard
– 3M hooks for hanging the big numbers on the chalkboard – I love these things!
– one BIG 4ft. by 8ft. chalkboard
Here’s the How-To in pictures:
This was a fun project…yet big project, but 40 years is a BIG Deal, and I wanted to do something big to celebrate.
Thanks Mom & Dad for being the wonderful examples you are to all of us. We love you two!
ps. This is part 1 of 2 posts. More celebrating 40 years tomorrow!