This is a great time of year for fresh peaches, and Utah is known for it’s awesome fresh peaches. We had this for dessert a few nights back, and it was too good not to share.
So if you are looking for something worthy of all those fresh peaches this time of year, this is it!
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (3 ounce) package non-instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 (29 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained and syrup reserved (We used 5 cups of FRESH sliced peaches.)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease sides and bottom of a 10 inch deep-dish pie pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and pudding mix. Mix in butter, egg and milk. Beat for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into pie pan. Arrange the peach slices on top of the pudding mixture.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add ½ cup sugar and 3 tablespoons reserved peach syrup. Beat for 2 minutes. Spoon mixture over peaches to within 1 inch of pan edge. Mix together 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and sprinkle over top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown. Chill before serving.
*adapted from All Recipes