I have a great recipe for you today. This recipe is a family favorite. It comes from Kyle’s grandma. “Grandma G.B.” as we call her, she was a sweet grandma, so very with it! I love that we all think of her when we make this recipe. That’s the great thing about recipes, and food, they always bring us back together, some of the best memories.
You can find the recipe below, but here are all the ingredients to give you a visual of all you’ll need to make this dessert.
Once all assembled, you will freeze it up to 4 hours or overnight.
It’s so light and fresh, perfect for Spring and Summer.
- 1 Cup graham crackers, crushed
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 Can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup coconut, optional
- Combine the graham crackers, 2 tablespoons of sugar and melted butter. Put into a lightly greased 8x8 or 9x9 pan and chill.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and add the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and rind, mix together until thick. Stir in the coconut.
- Whip the egg whites until foamy, then add the 4 tablespoons of sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the lemon mixture. Pour all of over the graham crust.
- Finish off by topping with extra graham cracker crumbs and coconut.
If you’re looking for more lemon desserts, than you will love:
Have a great day!