Here are a few tips if you plan on visiting Disneyland sometime soon.
This was our little Aiden’s first time to Disneyland. I was most excited about seeing him see it all for the first time. He had a lot of fun, although I do think 3 years old is still a little too young. He was tall enough for most rides, but I worried about keeping track of him the entire time.
I think the most fun about this trip was to be there with all of our cousins on my side. We love our cousin time.
– Bring your own stroller (the biggest one you have. You’ll be glad to have all the storage and the cup holders will come in handy too.
– There is a self serve drink spot in the Mexican restaurant in Disneyland and the Italian spot (near the Goofy ride) in California Adventure keep your cup and refill it if you are near.
– Ice water is free at most food spots too.
– Visit the park on a Tuesday – Wednesday – Thursday if you can. The crowds are always less during the mid week on the off season.
– Split up if you are in a big group. Having someone do the fast passes with all the tickets is helpful.
– Find a great spot for the parade an hour before it starts. I’m a total sucker for the Disney parade, I think it’s the best part, and having a good spot makes a difference.
– If seeing the characters is a big deal, do the Minnie Mouse breakfast and see a bunch first thing.
– Make sure to visit the Winnie the Pooh candy shop. It’s so cute…but more importantly, duh-LICIOUS!
– Head to the ride you all want to go on the most first thing. For us it was the Toy Story ride. It’s a fun one!
– Save the souvenir shopping to the end of the day, freeing up more ride time and then you don’t have to carry stuff around with you all day. The World of Disney is open after the park closes.
– Park Hop!
– Get tickets for the World of Color Show at California Adventure. It’s a really neat show. We all loved it. Although dress warm and have your strollers, all of our little ones fell asleep. 🙂
A funny story about my Dad: My Dad came to Disneyland with his homemade Mickey Mouse stick. We all thought it was so funny. He made it or I should say “crafted it himself”. He used a Valentine’s Day Mickey Mouse card and a paint stick from home depot. I’m trying to talk him into a DIY tutorial. 😉 The best part is that while we were there, so many people asked him where he bought his “ruler” or his Mickey Mouse stick. I guess he got the last laugh, since apparently Mickey Mouse rulers are in high demand. 🙂 It actually did come in handy as he led the pack. We could always spot him with his “Mickey ruler”.
A big thanks to my parents for a very fun family trip. We all loved it! 🙂
Here’s a fun look back at our other Disneyland trips:
Disneyland in 2009
Disneyland in 2008. There was also one in 2007, before I started blogging (lots of great Disneyland tips in the comments on this post).
Look for hotel coupons and start planning your next Disney trip.