Here’s a printable to add to a gift to give your child’s teacher for Teacher Appreciation week. Give the gift of flowers that you can plant outside. Here’s a fun way to spice up a pretty potted flower. I love making these paper medallions (or as I sometimes like to call them: “lollies” because they look like a big lollipop). You could keep this gift as simple as just the flower pot, or you could add in a few gardening supplies and a gift card, if you’d like.
This printable reads: “Thank you for helping me “GROW” up great!”
Here is what you’ll need:
– a circle cutter of some sort (like an epic, or cuttle bug die cutting tool)
– a paper medallion that you have made out of a heavy card stock (Here’s a tutorial on how to make a paper medallion)
– Click here for the printable to add to the center
– a glue stick
– a wooden skewer
– the potted flower
– a roll of crepe paper streamers (I used white and yellow…one for each side of the paper medallion)
– a hot glue gun to adhere the center of the paper medallion to the wooden skewer
Once the printable is cut out, adhere it to a heavier card stock circle of the same size to give it some sturdiness.
To make a paper medallion this size, start with a 4 inch wide x 12 inch long strip of card stock. Fold it back and forth accordion style. Add hot glue to the center and hold it together until the hot glue has set.
Now turn the printable over and roll a glue stick over the outside rim and adhere the paper streamer all around the edge pinching it as you go making pleats.
Now you can hot glue the center onto the skewer. And… you’re done!
If you’d like, you can do this to both sides of the paper medallion…or, you could add a note on a plain round piece of paper on the backside to your teacher. Stick it in the potted flower, and you are done!
Looking for more teacher appreciation ideas? You might love these:
– Best teacher ever free printable