Taco Pizza is the perfect easy weeknight meal your whole family will love.
Need dinner in under 30 minutes, but all you have is a solid brick of frozen ground beef in your freezer? I’ve been there! The photo below is not the most appetizing, but this method has saved me a few too many times when I have failed to plan ahead. Please tell me you’ve been there…you had the best intentions of thawing the ground beef in the fridge starting the night before. …But you spaced it and now it’s 5PM and you need to start dinner. Here’s what to do: place that frozen brick of ground beef in the hot skillet and brown, scrape, rotate and repeat until eventually you have perfectly browned ground beef. Toss in a little taco seasoning and voila…you can now make tacos! …or in this case…Taco Pizza!
What you’ll need to make Taco Pizza:
- thin crust pizza crust
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- ground beef
- taco seasoning
- cherry tomatoes
- cheddar cheese
- iceberg lettuce
How to make Taco Pizza:
- Cook the beef: Brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain off any excess grease. Stir in the taco seasoning until well covered.
- Preheat: Preheat oven to 375°. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare dough: Unroll the pizza dough and place on the covered sheet pan.
- Bake: Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown and cool.
- Combine cream cheese and sour cream: With a hand mixer beat together the cream cheese and sour cream until it’s easy to spread.
- Spread: Spread mixture over the cooled crust.
- Add ground beef: Sprinkle the seasoned browned ground beef evenly over the crust.
- Add toppings: Top with the lettuce, tomatoes and cheese.
- Cut: Cut into squares.
How to reheat Taco Pizza:
If you have any leftover pizza, it is best to heat it back up in the oven. Just place it on a pan and bake until heated all the way through. It’s tricky to reheat with both the lettuce and the sour cream layer, so reheat knowing that it isn’t going to be as good as it is the first time you eat it.
Prepare the crust while browning the beef:
We are using store bought pizza dough for this, but if you want to make your pizza crust from scratch, you can try this recipe for Homemade Pizza Dough. (linked) While you brown the beef, you can bake the pizza crust and then let it cool. You will then spread the cream cheese and sour cream mixture on top.
Remove the grease:
Depending on the type of ground beef you buy, make sure to remove any excess grease…let it absorb onto a paper towel before adding it onto the pizza crust.
Now for the fun part…layer it up with cheese, chopped tomatoes and lettuce…and any other toppings your family likes on tacos…like salsa, guacamole…sliced olives…you name it! We are still enjoying tomatoes from our garden.
What to serve with Taco Pizza:
- Chips with Salsa and Guacamole
- Beans and Mexican Rice
Feed the family with this easy Taco Pizza.
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza crust thin crust
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 envelope taco seasoning
- 6-8 grape or cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce.
Brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain off any excess grease. Stir in the taco seasoning until well covered.
Preheat oven to 375°. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Unroll the pizza dough and place on the covered sheet pan.
Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown and cool.
With a hand mixer beat together the cream cheese and sour cream until it’s easy to spread.
Spread mixture over the cooled crust.
Sprinkle the seasoned browned ground beef evenly over the crust.
Top with the lettuce, tomatoes and cheese.
Cut into squares.
You can eat it with your hands, just like you would a slice of pizza.
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @NoBiggie using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!
More TACO TUESDAY Dinner ideas:
- Baked Chicken Tacos
- Crock Pot Sweet Pork Enchiladas
- Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Homemade Pico De Gallo
That’s it! My family loves taco pizza, and I love an easy dinner that comes together FAST, even with frozen solid ground beef. Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Leave a Comment