Easy Pistachio Cake made with pistachio pudding this bundt cake is delicious!
Do you like pistachio nuts? Like them or not you will love this moist delicious pistachio cake. It’s sweet with a hint of nut flavor and so easy to make. It will become a quick favorite because of how fast it comes together and how fluffy and delicious it is. It’s slight green tint is so fun! Here’s what you’ll need. You probably have most of these in your pantry already.
What you need to make Pistachio Cake:
- yellow cake mix
- instant pistachio pudding mix
- vegetable oil
- almond extract
- green food coloring
How to make Pistachio Cake:
- Preheat: Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Optional: Sift the pudding mix to separate the pistachio nuts out of the dry mix.
- Combine mixes: Mix cake mix (dry) and pudding mix (dry) together in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients: Add eggs, water, oil, and almond extract. Mix until blended.
- Drop food coloring: Add food coloring. Stir until blended.
- Add to pan: Pour batter into a lightly floured 10-inch bundt pan.
- Bake: Bake for 50-55 minutes (or until the cake springs back when pressed) in a 350 degree preheated oven.
- Cool: Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Flip out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
How to store Pistachio Cake:
Keep this cake stored covered at room temperature. It will last around three days!
Cake and Pudding mix in Pistachio Cake:
This recipe is actually pretty simple with a cake mix, pudding mix (dry), eggs, oil, water and almond extract. The pudding gives this cake that great pistachio flavor and makes is so moist (talk about a double win), We sifted the actual pistachios out of the pudding mix. This way you get the flavor without the texture of nuts in the cake.
Making Pistachio Cake green:
After the batter is mixed you will then add the green food coloring. Just a few drops of green food coloring along with the pistachio pudding mix gives this cake a perfect pistachio green. One of my favorite things about this cake (other than the delicious flavor and moistness) is the fun green color.
Topping Pistachio Cake:
This cake is plenty sweet to stand on its own but if you were feeling like adding an extra sweet bit you can sprinkle it with a little powdered sugar. The powdered sugar also makes it look so pretty!
Simple Bundt Cake Glaze:
If you’d like to make an easy glaze to go over the top of this bundt cake, here’s the recipe for a simple bundt cake glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2-4 tablespoons milk (you can also use hot water)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- To start sift the powdered sugar.
- Add the melted butter, milk and vanilla to the powdered sugar. Mix all with a whisk or with an
- electric mixer to combine until smooth.
- If you’d like a more thin consistency, you can add more milk (or hot water) to help thin it out.
Pistachio Cake made with pistachio flavored pudding for a deliciously moist, festively green cake!
- 1 yellow cake mix 18.25 oz
- 1 package instant pistachio pudding mix 3.4 oz, sift the nuts out
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 7 drops green food coloring
Preheat your oven to 350F.
Optional: Sift the pudding mix to separate the pistachio nuts out of the dry mix.
Mix cake mix (dry) and pudding mix (dry) together in a large bowl.
Add eggs, water, oil, and almond extract. Mix until blended.
Add food coloring. Stir until blended.
Pour batter into a lightly floured 10-inch bundt pan.
Bake for 50-55 minutes (or until the cake springs back when pressed) in a 350 degree preheated oven.
Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Flip out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: @NoBiggie using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!
More desserts we LOVE:
- Green Velvet Cake
- Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts
- Magic Rainbow Jello
- Lime Lush Dessert
- Crispy Pecan Ice Cream Pie Crust Dessert
That’s it! Try out this delicious cake and let me know what you think in the comments below. Enjoy!