This is a great time of year for fresh peaches, and Utah is known for it’s awesome fresh peaches. We had this for dessert a few nights back, and it was too good not to share. 🙂
So if you are looking for something worthy of all those fresh peaches this time of year, this is it!
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (3 ounce) package non-instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 (29 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained and syrup reserved (We used 5 cups of FRESH sliced peaches.)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease sides and bottom of a 10 inch deep-dish pie pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and pudding mix. Mix in butter, egg and milk. Beat for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into pie pan. Arrange the peach slices on top of the pudding mixture.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add ½ cup sugar and 3 tablespoons reserved peach syrup. Beat for 2 minutes. Spoon mixture over peaches to within 1 inch of pan edge. Mix together 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and sprinkle over top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown. Chill before serving.
*adapted from All Recipes