Host a paint party!
Girl’s Night Paint Party
This last Thursday night, I hosted a painting party here at my house. The paint party is called Social Artworking, and it’s DecoArt’s new social way to paint. There were just 6 of us, and it turned out to be such a fun night! We ordered Chinese take out from our favorite place (Chin Wah), along with a delicious Cucumber Lime punch, and had a fun night in.
The idea behind this type of party, is that you all paint the same design with very detailed – easy to follow instructions, and at the end of the fun night with your friends, you leave with a professional looking canvas painted by you! This is actually the second time I have hosted a Social Artworking party, the first time, we painted the cupcake design.
This time, we all painted the Fall Tree design (you can see all the designs here). Here is all the stuff that each person will receive before you begin:
– all the paint colors needed for the design you choose.
– high quality paint brushes (I love how long the brush handles are…it makes you feel like a PRO!)
– the 16×20 canvas
– carbon paper + the design to trace the design onto the canvas
– the step by step instructions along with images
– a tear off palette for dumping and mixing your paint on ( I LOVE this thing!)
– an easel to paint on and for displaying your art afterword
-a social art working apron
That’s a lot of stuff!
All the instructions for each design make it super easy for anyone to paint.
It was fun to line up all of our paintings at the end of the night and see how even though we all painted the same design, we each made them our own. Can you spot the one that I did? It has a tree swing. 🙂
If you are looking for birthday party ideas for a tween(age) girl, or just a fun night in with your girl friends, Social Artworking would be a big hit! They would love it!