I’ve been to a few blog conferences – 7 in the last year (CRAZY!) I loved each one for different reasons, but EVO (the EVOlution of Women in Social Media) is my favorite. Here’s why:
1. The classes – the classes, sessions and workshops have such great information. The hands on workshops are my favorite, like the food workshop I shared this week. But the classes too, are loaded with great content. The SEO for bloggers session was awesome loaded with so many great resources! (Unrelated photo below… I just really liked this one of the cute Park City Snow Mamas. – lucky girls…trade blogging for skiing.)
2. The size of the conference – EVO is a relatively small conference at 350 attendees. You will make better connections – contacts – friends at a conference that is small (I think). At a conference like BlogHer, you will tend to stick with the people you know, because sooo many attend. (Again, another unrelated photo…I loved seeing my “Momfo Peeps” at EVO this year!)
3. The people – Since I love the two hosts of EVO: Jyl and Rachael, I just know the people they invite to speak, present and attend will just be “good people” (if you know what I mean). People like Sarah & Heather who got to room with Sweet Helene.
4. The drama! – Okay…so there isn’t usually drama but this year (EVO 11) had a bit, and LoraLee explains it well, and it’s good! 🙂 (No Drama with these three: Maria, Cheryl and Kristen…just a lotta love for “the foodies”.
5. The inspiration – I left EVO this year feeling so inspired. Partly from the great friends I am reunited with, and partly for all the great information gained and to the closing keynote by Me Ra Koh (Wow! What an inspiration she is!)
6. The roommates! – I love the three that I roomed with this year (Laurie – Mandi – Jamielyn) we had such a great time together…all the laughs, staying up til 3 and all the “Free” Tip Junkie blog advice we could ever hope for! 🙂
7. Pool Jumping – I’m not quite sure why jumping in a pool fully clothed is so much fun, but IT JUST IS!
8. It’s a family friendly conference – It was so much fun to have my little family come up on Friday Night to the Park City party! We rode the Alpine slide and the Alpine Coaster together and my girl even danced to “The Biebs” with all of us on the dance floor. It was so fun!
9. It’s in Utah – I know – I know…I live here, so it makes it super easy (and cheap) for me to attend, but it’s in Park City Utah…in the summer. It’s beautiful here! If you have never been to Utah, this is a great time to visit our gorgeous mountains. (and eat McFlurries with your friends.)
more pics below …unrelated (of course :)) –