My name is Kyle. My best friend in the whole world turns 30 today.
A mosaic down memory lane:
Some things you should know about her:
- She has the BEST laugh in the world. The first time I heard her laugh was on my first day working at Magleby’s. I’m standing in the lobby and I hear this completely contagious, uninhibited wall of laughter rolling toward me from the kitchen. I had no idea who it was coming from, but I knew in an instant that I was going to LOVE whoever that laugh belonged to. Then she came out of the kitchen and my first thought was, “I have no chance.”
- She loves music. This may not seem like a big deal, but it’s HUGE to me. I really don’t think I could be married to someone who didn’t love music.
- She has the best natural scent. I could retire right now if I could just figure out a way to bottle that scent.
- She has always been and always will be out of my league (see pictures above). It was only AFTER I found out she was moving back to Salt Lake to attend the U that I finally got up the nerve to ask her out.
- She was beautiful when I married her. She is more beautiful to me now.
- She is strong in all the areas that I’m weak in. Trust me…that is A LOT of strengths.
- I LOVE her entire family. They are the most accepting, real family you could hope to marry into.
- I love how balanced she is as a mother. She is Avery’s best friend, yet she realizes that being a mother is about so much more than being your child’s friend. She is more concerned with raising Avery the right way than about being her best friend.
- I am SO appreciative of how willing she was to be patient and supportive of my career during the early (i.e. tough) years. I saw so many advisors with great potential that didn’t make it because they didn’t have the same level of patience and support from their wife.
- I know she has great legs, but for me, it’s always been about her face! I love everything about her face. I love how soft her features are.
- I love when she gets passionate about things. Gardening, cooking, crafts, photography, blogging, etc. Mostly, I love how passionate she is about #12.
- I love her so much for her willingness to sacrifice SO much as we try for more littler Biglers.
- I love when she laughs at my jokes. NOTHING boosts my confidence like making her laugh. This probably has something to do with #1.
- I love that she had a boyfriend when I kissed her for the first time. That is SO not my style (see #4).
- This picture will always be special to me. Her family used this picture for their Christmas card in 1998. That card is responsible for my decision to propose.
- More than anything else, I am such a better person for marrying her. I love her.
Some of her favorite things:
HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY!!!