I love fajitas! Lots of veggies: onion, peppers & cilantro along with the perfectly marinaded meat (chicken or steak) of your choice. Yum! Having a great fajita marinade makes them that much better. Here’s a good one!
One of my least favorite things to do is chop an onion, but my favorite tool in the kitchen makes it so fast and easy. Once the vegetables are all sliced up, toss in a tablespoon of vegetable oil before cooking.
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 4 scallions, washed and cut in ½
- 2 large garlic cloves
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar or Mexican brown sugar
- 1 pound steak or chicken, cut into pieces
- In a blender, put in oil, soy sauce, scallions, garlic, lime juice, red pepper, cumin, and sugar and puree.
- In a large heavy duty, zip top bag, put pieces of steak (or chicken) and pour in marinade. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible.
- Allow steak to marinate for at least 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Remove steak from bag and pat dry with paper towels before cooking.
Looks good, eh?