You all loved the Thanksgiving Snack Mix shared a few years ago so much that I thought we’d share it again for new readers. We designed a free printable tag to go with this sweet snack mix. My favorite part about this snack mix is the symbolism behind each item included in the mix.
Here’s a tip when printing these off: Use high quality paper! Staples Brand: matte heavy weight photo paper works great!
To make these free printable tags, you need:
– 3 1/2 inch scalloped edge circle punch
– 2 1/2 plain circle punch, circle cutter, circle cutting die, or even scissors
– hole punch
– Fall color card stock in a variety of colors
– cellophane bags (I found these at Xpedx)
– baker’s twine (red, yellow or brown would be great here)
For the Thanksgiving Snack Mix you will need:
• Bugles brand chips (2 bags is plenty)
• classic knot mini pretzels
• candy corn or corn nuts or corn pops (like popcorn)
• dried fruit (like craisins)
• sunflower seeds
ThanksGiving Snack Mix – the symbolism of each item
-Bugles represent the Thanksgiving Cornucopia
-Pretzels represent arms folded in prayer of Thanksgiving
-CandyCorn represent the placing of five kernels of corn beside each Thanksgiving Plate to remember the Winter of 1623 known as the “Starving Time”
-Dried Fruit – a symbol of the Harvest – The reason for Thanksgiving
-Sunflower Seeds – symbolize the potential for a generous harvest next season
Happy month of Giving Thanks!
*Looking for more Thanksgiving ideas? Here’s 5!