We all have it, the under used, under appreciated appliance. Ours just happens to be the Betty Crocker Stuff-n-Munch…until now! I was feeling a bit of guilt for being out of town this weekend over the big ♥ day, so I thought nothing says I love you like a little stuff-n-munch. We typically use this little sandwich maker for just regular grilled cheese sandwiches, but this time around, I made Strawberry and cream cheese stuffed french toast! It was delicious, and so easy!
- and waited
Only to powder and present…to my Valentine,
and his new best friend. (mmm…bacon)
So tell me…do you stuff-n-munch?!
Here’s the recipe:
- 6 slices of white bread
- cream cheese
- one container of fresh strawberries, washed, trimmed and sliced
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- powdered sugar
- Start by preparing the strawberries: wash, trim and slice them. Plug in your Stuff and Munch sandwich maker to preheat it.
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs and milk. Once combine, pour into a glass pie plate for easy dipping.
- Assemble the bread slices with a spread of cream cheese on both sides and sliced strawberries sandwiched between. With the the two pieces of bread together like a sandwich, dredge both sides of the bread into the egg mixture.
- Working two sandwiches at a time, add them to the preheated sandwich maker to cook. Once done, top with powdered sugar, and serve with syrup on the side.
You’ll have to try using your Stuff and Munch sandwich maker for breakfast!
*This post contains affiliate links.
*OPD: 9/9/2009 – 2/11/2015 -this recipe is still a favorite.