We are dreaming of Summer already over here. Before you know it, we’ll all be craving frosty cold treats from the freezer, and these Strawberries and Cream popsicles are so easy to whip up. They make a fun recipe for the kids to help with too! The hardest part is waiting for them to freeze. You guys loved our three ingredient Strawberry Popsicles so much we thought it would be fun to try a new spin on them.
It’s so fun to make your own popsicles. For some reason you’d think we collect popsicle molds at our house. It’s not even intentional, but over the years, we seem to have quite the collection. Out of all of the different shapes, these are my most favorite popsicle molds.
I love the swirled look of the strawberries and cream together. To get this look, you just layer in the strawberry puree and then the sweetened cream and then swirl it a around a little with a wooden skewer before freezing. You could also blend the strawberries and the cream together for a more solid pink looking popsicle. Either way, they will both taste delicious!
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and halved
- ½ cup honey, divided in half
- 1-1/2 cups full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a blender, add the strawberries and the honey to a food processor or blender, and pulse a few times to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the coconut milk (or dairy of choice) and the remaining ¼ cup honey, adding more or less honey as needed, to taste. The sweetness will mellow once frozen. Stir in the vanilla.
- To make the layered swirled look spoon a tablespoon or two of the strawberry mixture into the bottom of each popsicle mold. Top with a bit of the cream, and continue layering until all the molds are evenly filled. Freeze until set, about 5 hours. After 30 minutes in the freezer, place a popsicle stick in each pop, and continue freezing.
- To remove each popsicle from the mold: Place the popsicle mold in a warm cup of water for 10-15 seconds, then gently pull on the popsicle stick until the popsicle releases from the mold.
Don’t they make you excited for Summer? What’s your favorite frozen Summer treat?