Hip Hip…It’s watermelon season! It’s basically the best late night snack in the Summer. A big bowl of cold watermelon cubes from the fridge is the best! If you don’t consume it all in one sitting, you should make this…sparkling watermelon lemonade.
We’ve shared a bunch of watermelon ideas here, from popsicles to frozen watermelon lemonade, you really can’t go wrong, but this drink is tops when it comes to refreshing summer drinks. We made a quick little video to show you how easy it is to make at home!
Watch the video here!
You know those cute drink dispensers with the spout on the bottom that are so popular right now? I love how they look, but the one thing they’re missing is the ice. Every good drink needs lots of tiny crunchy pebble ice, don’t you think? You know the kind you can buy in a big bag from Sonic?! It’s my favorite!
To serve this drink, you only need a half gallon size or a gallon size glass jar like this. Super cheap. Plus I love the straight up glass walls, because you can get creative with the presentation and add slices of lemon and watermelon to really show off the fun colors of this drink.
Print Recipe Here:
- 1½ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 watermelon, half for juicing and half for garnish slices
- 1½ cup sugar, (you can add more or less, depending...)
- 2 liter sparkling water
- 1 bag pebble ice
- Blend the watermelon chunks, until smooth. Press watermelon juice through a strainer and catch all the juice in a bowl, and discard whatever doesn’t make it through the strainer.
- In a medium sized sauce pan add the watermelon juice with the sugar. Bring mixture to a light simmer and stir until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into a heatproof glass pitcher. Refrigerate until cold.
- In a large glass jar with a wide mouth for a ladle, add lemon slices around the bottom wall.
- Dump in about ⅓ of the bag of pebble ice, you can add more later as needed.
- Add the lemon juice, sparkling water and sweetened watermelon juice.
- Add in a few slices of watermelon as a colorful garnish.
- Serve with a big ladle making sure each glass gets a bunch of pebble ice. Garnish with a lemon slice or a small slice of watermelon…or both!
That’s it! So easy and so refreshing!
Looking for more watermelon recipes? Don’t miss this awesome list of 25+ Watermelon Recipes.
Don’t miss these fun Watermelon Kiwi Popsicles!