Move over poppy seeds…chia seeds are here to stay! Packed full of protein, fiber and antioxidants, Chia Seeds are so good for you. So why not take something sweet like banana bread and give it just a bit more nutrition you can feel good about. I love keeping chia seeds on hand for OverNight Oats, but banana bread has never been better!
If you like the texture of bread with poppy seeds, I think you’ll like it with chia seeds too.
- 3-4 over ripe bananas
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease pan and place a sheet of parchment paper into the pan to prevent the bread from sticking, set pan aside.
- In a large bowl mix together: butter, sugar, sour cream, eggs, bananas, vanilla and chia seeds.
- Add in the salt, baking soda and flour. Mix all together ingredients until well combined.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan.
- Remove from the pan, slice and enjoy!
I’d love to know, what’s your favorite way to consume Chia Seeds? Are they a pantry staple at your house?