The Christmas Countdown is on, and we’ve got one more sweet idea for you…Santa Sundaes! The classic flavor you love about an ice cream sundae with a cute twist. You can make them ahead of time and then surprise your kids (or grandkids) with a festive dessert they’ll love. We made a short video to show you how!
This is one of those semi homemade desserts…lots of store bought convenience food…like Bugles, Nilla Wafers and Ding Dongs (Ha!)…you can totally make delicious homemade brownies for the base if you’d like, BUT if you don’t have the time…a Ding Dong will work! My favorite part is the salty sweet combo of the bugles dipped in the red candy melts. They’re so good on their own!
- 1 container of vanilla ice cream
- 1 package of Bugles, original flavor
- 1 package of mini marshmallows
- 1 package of red candy melts
- 1 package of mini Nilla Wafers
- 1 package of edible candy eyeballs
- 1 package of Ding Dongs (*optional)
- waxed paper
- Start by scooping out a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Place scoop onto a sheet of waxed paper.
- While the ice cream is still soft, press one mini Nilla wafer into the center of the scoop of ice cream.
- Wrap the waxed paper around the ice cream scoop and freeze.
- In a small bowl melt the red candy melts and stir until smooth.
- Dip the Bugles into the red candy melts and set to dry on a piece of waxed paper.
- While still soft, press a mini marshmallow into the top of each Bugle.
- When ready to serve, place only the tiny black candy dots from the center of the edible candy eyeballs on to the Nilla Wafer.
- Press the red dipped Bugle into the top of the Ice Cream to make it look like Santa Claus' red hat.
- Serve on top of a ding dong or a homemade brownie. Add a candy cane or peppermint stick as a garnish, and enjoy!
Here’s a little screen shot from the video. When the ice cream is soft, you’ll press the mini Nilla Wafer right into the ice cream to look like the Santa face.
Working with ice cream can be tricky, so you could skip the ice cream and just make a bunch of mini edible santa hats if you’d like…their so good!
I wish you all have a very sweet Christmas!