Aiden with Grandma Great in June 2008
Kyle’s amazing Grandma passed away on Friday, November 28th. She was 90 years old and lived a truly amazing life. I have been blessed to know her for the past 10 years…her life has served as a great example for me and all who knew her.
Since most of the people in my ‘bloggerhood’ never had the chance to meet her, I asked Kyle to list some of his best memories of his Grandma. Here they are (in no particular order)
- Heading to the 4th of July parade with all the grand kids piled into the back of their El Camino.
- 4th of July BBQ’s in their backyard w/a great view of the fireworks from Stadium of Fire.
- Sneaking treats out of the food storage room in her basement. She always had great cookies down there.
- Her home remedy for bruises: butter! Having Grandma rub butter on a bruised forehead gave a whole new meaning to the word ‘shiner.’
- HOT ROLLS!!
- Hanging out at her house after BYU basketball and football games waiting for the traffic to clear up.
- Playing Husker Du. Classic game.
- All the cousins of the same age opening their Christmas presents together and receiving matching gifts (usually pajamas).
- Constantly being amazed how Grandma was able to keep all the grand kids and great grand kids straight!
- She never missed a birthday party growing up.
- Her Christmas sweaters.
- Christmas morning brunch with the grandparents at my parents house.
- Her trips to the ‘Spa.’ I never really knew what the ‘spa’ was, but it sounded cool.
- Playing with the snapdragons in her front yard.
- Her basement toy room. Two words: lincoln logs.
- Her perfectly styled, perfectly black hair.
We will miss our Grandma Great, and we look forward to seeing her again.