We got sooo much snow over the weekend. My kids were thrilled! They played outside nonstop. It’s crazy how our weather jumped from the 70s on Wednesday to full on Winter Wonderland this weekend.
Here’s a great recipe for potato soup. Perfect comfort food when you want to bundle up and stay inside on a cold winter night.
- 10 unpeeled red potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 TBL chicken soup base
- 1 tiny pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt/½ tsp. pepper 1 cup half-and-half cream or whole milk
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (I strain out mushrooms)
- In a large stock pot combine potatoes, onions, celery, chicken broth, soup base and salt and pepper and enough water to barely cover all ingredients. Bring to a boil and simmer on medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- Put ½ the potato mixture in the blender and puree. Stir back into soup. (This thickens soup.)
- Add half and half, cream of mushroom soup and stir until creamy. Adjust seasonings if needed.
- May add cheese and bacon, but I like it plain.
And it begins…Happy Winter!
Looking for more delicious recipes? Visit our recipes page for all our favorites.