Do you like pistachio nuts? Like them or not you will love this moist delicious pistachio cake. It’s sweet with a hint of nuttiness and so easy to make. It will become a quick favorite because of how fast it comes together and how fluffy and delicious it is. It’s slight green tint is so fun! If you’re looking for a delicious dinner idea you could pair with this fantastic pistachio cake, try this yummy Italian recipe, Chicken Parmesan Meatballs.
Here’s what you’ll need. You probably have most of these in your pantry already.
First you will mix the batter. It’s pretty simple with a cake mix, pudding mix (dry), eggs, oil, water and almond extract. The pudding gives this cake that great pistachio flavor and makes is so moist (talk about a double win), We sifted the actual pistachios out of the pudding mix. This way you get the flavor without the texture of nuts in the cake. The full recipe is below.
After the batter is mixed you will then add the green food coloring. Just a few drops of green food coloring along with the pistachio pudding mix gives this cake a perfect pistachio green.
One of my favorite things about this cake (other than the delicious flavor and moistness) is the fun green color.
The last thing you will do is pour this light green cake batter into a lightly floured bunt pan. I love baking this cake in a bunt pan because it just brings another level elegance and beauty.
- 1 yellow cake mix (18.25 oz)
- 1 pk instant pistachio pudding mix (3.4 oz), sift the nuts out
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 7 drops green food coloring
- Optional: Sift the pudding mix to separate the pistachio nuts out of the dry mix.
- Mix cake mix (dry) and pudding mix (dry) together in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, water, oil, and almond extract. Mix until blended.
- Add food coloring. Stir until blended.
- Pour batter into a lightly floured 10-inch bundt pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes (or until the cake springs back when pressed) in a 350 degree preheated oven.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Flip out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
This cake is plenty sweet to stand on its own but if you were feeling like adding an extra sweet bit you can sprinkle it with a little powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: allrecipes