Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joe Sliders are a great way to feed a crowd. It’s the flavors you love of a Philly cheese steak in 12 tiny little sliders. What is it about sliders? They’re so fun to whip up, and even more fun to eat. We made a quick video so you can see these little sliders in action. If you’re looking for more slider recipes, you might love our Ham and Cheese Hawaiian Sliders or our Roast Beef Super Sliders.
Al right…on with these awesome Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joe Sliders…all I can say is that I’m already excited to make them again.
See how easy they are?! You’ll have to add them to your menu this week.
Print the recipe here:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon beef base
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups shredded white cheese blend: white cheddar, muenster and monterey jack
- 1 package of 12 slider buns
- In a large skillet on medium high heat add the olive oil and stir until pan is coated.
- Add in the diced onion and green bell pepper and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add in the ground beef and cook until all the ground beef is broken up and browned.
- Drain off any excess grease.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, taco seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add in the beef base, water and cornstarch and stir until well combined.
- Cook for a few minutes until the mixture thickens a bit.
- Carefully slice the slider buns in half. Place the bottom half of the buns into a 9x13 glass dish.
- Sprinkle the ground beef mixture over the top of the buns.
- Top mixture with grated cheese.
- Broil in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly…be careful not to let it burn. Quickly remove from oven.
- Place the top half of the buns on top of the melted cheese.
- Gently cut the sliders apart and serve warm.
Are you a Philly Cheese Steak Fan? Sloppy Joe Fan? Slider Fan? Or D. All of the above? I think you’re going to love these!
*Recipe adapted from BellyFull