Today my sweet girl, my first and oldest, Miss Avery Jane turns 10. Double Digits. It’s her golden birthday today…10 on the 10th.
We made her something special on this big day.
A giant poster of some of our favorite pictures of her over the last 10 years. It’s crazy to see them all together like this. It’s like taking a trip down memory lane. We surprised her with it yesterday and she loved it. I’ll share more about the poster in a different post. Today it’s all about our girl. My sweet tiny baby girl. Who has grown up in a blink, that’s how it feels today, looking back.
In keeping with tradition, I made her a #10 hat. Only this one had to be gold, for the golden birthday girl.
10 things I love about my brand new 10 year old:
1. She likes sushi! Finally I have someone in our little family to go with. She loves the california roll which is a great start (I’ll take it!). I love that she was willing to give it a try.
2. She plays the piano beautifully. She is great to practice on her own, and I love that she loves it.
3. She (for the most part) is a great big sister, great to play with Aiden a lot and very much connected to her angel sister Afton.
4. She loves to have “cute girl hair” and by cute hair I mean braids, twists, side ponytails, you know all the fun stuff. Now if only her mom was good at girl hair.
5. She’s a smart cookie, doing great in school.
6. She’s a social butterfly. She LOVES spending time with her friends
7. She has a great laugh…it’s so funny.
8. She’s got the biggest sweet tooth…I mean she IS a sweet tooth. 😉 Dessert after every meal: breakfast lunch and dinner.
9. She’s had to understand more at her age than either of her parents have at that age, and she amazes us both at how understanding she is.
10. She’s a great artist. It all started with coloring…when she was little she loved to “tolor”. Still does.
Happy Birthday Miss Avery Jane. We love you more than you know.