Luck Be a Lady, Tonight! ♫ (I love that song!)
With St. Patty’s Day coming up, here is a simple craft to show your green.
- tin-rimmed or vellum tags, in any shape or size (a 2-inch rectangle is shown in the picture)
- green acrylic paint
- paint brush
- small hole punch
- white letter beads, spelling out desired Irish saying (we like “wee lass” and “wee lad”)
- 2 pieces of thin gauge wire, 4 inches long
- self-adhesive safety pin
- Paint the back of a vellum or tin-rimmed tag green; let it dry.
- Punch a hole ¼ inch from each side of the tag–making sure the holes are even.
- The badge will display two lines of text, so string the letter beads spelling “wee” (or the first word of whatever phrase you’ve chosen) through one piece of wire. String the letter beads spelling “lass” or “lad” through the second piece of wire.
- With the wires parallel to one another horizontally, so the words are in the correct order, center the beads along the front of the tag. Thread the ends of both wires through the holes on either side.
- Turn the tag over, and pull the wires together, making sure that the words are centered on the front. Twist the ends of both wires together, and cut off any excess.
- Place the self-adhesive safety pin along in the back of the tag.
These badges are a great way to show your green (and they may even bring a little Irish luck)!