It is true…I love paper crafts! And that is really sayin’ something, because I like paper crafting a lot. I love making these little medallions or “lollies” as some call them. I have used this idea to make my daughter’s birthday banner and birthday hat also. It’s really easy, so I wanted to share it here.
Tools and Materials Needed:
- I prefer a low temp hot glue gun for all adhesives when making these. It holds the best!
12 x 12 double sided paper or cardstock
Bone folder & scoring board (optional)
low temp hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
Weighted item like a can (only needed if you are not using a hot glue gun)
1. Cut a 1 1/4-inch-wide strip from 12×12 paper.
2. Cut a 1/2-inch-wide strip from card stock with the straight rotary blade.
3. Accordion-fold the wider strip, using the scoring board as a guide for where to place the folds.
4. Attach the two ends of the accordion-folded strip together with double-sided tape or glue dots to create a small tube. Flatten the tube to form a circle.
5. Add a dot of hot glue to the center of the circle to secure in place; place a bottle or other weight on top of the circle to keep it flat.
P.S. Don’t forget to make one for yourself to wear all weekend to let everyone know who you are….the birthday girl!