Hi Friends! Sometimes you just need a go to recipe for a hot dip. Something warm and hearty…perfect to serve on a lazy Saturday hanging around watching the big game with friends. We’ve shared a few of our favorites here over the years, like the shrimp cocktail dip or the old fashioned Hot Chipped Beef Dip, but today we’re sharing my new favorite. This Hot corn dip is so delicious! Not only is it hot as in hot from the oven, it’s also got a little kick to it with some heat added from chipotle peppers. The mix of sweet from the corn and the spicy kick from the peppers is so good! We made a video so you can see how easy it is to throw together!
Because corn is still in season here in Utah, we used fresh corn, but I’m sure you could use frozen corn or even canned corn if that’s what you have.
Watch our video to see how it comes together in a hot minute!
Print the recipe here:
- 3 cups grated cheese (cheddar, montery jack, or mexican blend)
- 2 Tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, diced and skins removed
- 1 can diced green chiles, drained
- ½ cup mayo
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3-4 fresh corn on the cob, boiled and cut off into chunks (or 1½ cup frozen corn, or 1 can, drained)
- 1 small fresh tomato
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons green onion, diced fine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together in a mixing bowl: corn, green chiles, chipotle peppers, garlic powder, mayo and cheese until well combined.
- Pour mixture into an oven safe baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Top with the tomatoes, cilantro and green onions.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
This is one you’ll want to pin! It’s a keeper! Have a great day!
Do you have a go to party dip? Is it hot or cold. I’d love to hear! I’m all about a good dip! 😉