Do you keep cans of coconut milk in your pantry? You should! It’s a gem to have on hand especially when you’re craving rich creamy chocolate mousse. Just three ingredients is all you need to make this heavenly and healthy chocolate mousse. We made a quick video to show just how easy it is to whip up.
The trick is to put a can of coconut milk in the fridge over night. The cream will rise to the top and solidify. When you take it out of the fridge, flip it over and drain out all of the watery like coconut milk…save this, it’s great in a smoothie. In a new bowl, dump out the coconut cream. Just add dry cocoa powder and honey…that’s it! Just three ingredients for this decadent and healthy treat!
You can also make just sweetened coconut cream like we did for this avocado pudding, and use it to top pies, cakes, anything you’d use real cream on. This is great for those who are off dairy. The consistency is so close to real cream, it’s so great.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey, raw and unfiltered
- Chill a can of coconut milk (not reduced fat) overnight.
- Open and drain off the coconut water, save this water and use it in a green smoothie.
- Scoop out the coconut cream into a bowl.
- Mix with a hand mixer until light and airy.
- Add dry cocoa powder and honey.
- Mix until well combined and creamy
- Enjoy with fresh fruit like: strawberries, raspberries or bananas.