*Update – with the popularity of this post, we made a video to go with! Learn how to make the amazing Frozen Butter Beer recipe at home. Great for the Summertime… when it’s hot outside or for your next Harry Potter Party…or anytime!
What’s a girl to do when she lives miles away from Harry Potter World and she’s craving frozen butterbeer?! Learn to make it at home!
Here’s a fun video to show how to make it at home:
When we were in Universal Orlando the kids wanted souvenirs, and all I wanted was more Frozen Butterbeer. It’s that good!
After trying both frozen (on the left) and regular ButterBeer (on the right), we all preferred the frozen variety.
The texture is like a slurpee, it’s the best on a hot day.
- 2 - 2 liters of cream soda
- 1 container of whipping cream
- 1 jar of butterscotch ice cream topping
- To start, you'll need a good blender that can blend ice well. I'm in love with my Blendtec Blender, it's the best blender I've ever had. Start with one of the 2 liters of cream soda and freeze small portions of it in plastic cups. You could use ice cube trays as well, whatever you have.
- Freeze the soda for a few hours, or overnight.
- With a stand mixer or hand mixer whip the whipped cream. Add a few tablespoons of the butterscotch topping to flavor the whipped cream as you whip. Do not over whip the cream. It should look and feel light, not thick and heavy. Set aside.
- Blend the frozen cream soda with some of the cream soda that is not frozen for an icy or slush texture. Add more of the butterscotch topping into the blended cream soda while you blend.
- To serve, pour the blended slush mixture into a cup and top with the butterscotch flavored whip cream. Enjoy!
There you have it! At home pretty-darn-close-to-the-real-stuff Frozen ButterBeer. Yum!
If you’re headed to Universal Studios in Florida, be sure to check out our Top 10 favorite things to see in the new Diagon Alley!
*Amazon Affiliate links in this post.