We looove mangoes at our house, and with mangoes in season right now, you need to make a big batch of this fresh mango salsa. It’s the best! The store bought versions of mango salsa don’t even compare to this fresh recipe. With Cinco De Mayo coming up, this recipe will be a hit at your fiesta!
Can we talk about tortilla chips? We go through a lot of tortilla chips at our house. We live in Utah and through extensive research (wink-burp) we have found the best tortilla chips…drumroll: Juanita’s! They’re our favorite! We also love Don Julio brand – the purple bag version too. For this recipe, if you don’t see the brands I listed above in store where you live, you can’t go wrong with Tostitos brand with lime or jalapeño. They’re both really good with this salsa! A good chip makes all the difference, don’t you think?
Okay…on with the recipe:
- 4 Ripe Mangos - peeled and diced.
- 2 Large Tomatoes - chopped (do not peel) (vine tomatoes, work great)
- 1 Small fresh onion - minced
- 1 Large Red/Orange Bell Pepper - chopped small
- 1 Green Jalapeño pepper - chopped small (seeds removed)
- 1 or 2 TBS Fresh cilantro leaves (chopped) to taste (You can always add more)
- 2 tsp fresh lemon or lime juice OR the juice from ½ a large lemon/lime.
- 1 TBS Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Optional: You can make this recipe to be used as a salad dressing, add ¼ cup fresh Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together.
Best eaten within a day of making. Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
Awesome served with flavor enhanced chips - like Tostitos lime or jalapeño chips
WARNING : this stuff is so good you’ll struggle to put it away.
That’s it! I hope you love it! It’s one of our favorites! It’s a great way to put all those delicious mangoes to good use. Not really sure if it’s spelled “mangos or mangoes”. Either way…buy some and make this! 🙂
You might also love these other salsa recipes: