We love the beloved Oz books from L. Frank Baum and we’re excited to partner with Amazon Kids to create a festive treat to celebrate their new original series Lost in Oz now available on Prime Video! After watching the series, which is an exciting and modern take on the classic story, we decided to make a Emerald Snack Magic Snack Mix…aka muddy buddies with a twist.
In the series Lost in Oz, 12-year-old Dorothy Gale discovers her mother’s magical travel journal hidden beneath the floorboards of their Kansas home. The book triggers a tornado, which rips her house from its foundation and transports Dorothy and her dog, Toto, to Emerald City, a bustling, modern, metropolis. The magical landscape of Oz is full of bright neon colors which inspired us to make this fun Emerald City Snack Mix.
We love the shows on Amazon Kids! It definitely is one of the best perks as an Amazon Prime member. Did you know you can download the series to your mobile devices and watch them offline for no additional cost. This is great for traveling…either on road trips or plane rides. It sure helps to keep the peace when traveling with kids.
You can preview the Lost in Oz series trailer here, and then stream 10 all-new Lost in Oz episodes exclusively with your Prime membership:
Okay…let’s make the Emerald City Magic snack mix! My family just loves this stuff!
Anything that starts with chocolate and peanut butter, you know is going to be good!
- 1 box Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 package Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ¾ cup Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 package Mini M&Ms (we used just the green ones)
- Microwave the chocolate, peanut butter and butter together in a microwave safe bowl for 1 – 2 minutes until slightly melted.
- Stir together and microwave for one more minute until mixture is stirred smooth together.
- Pour over the Chex cereal in a large bowl and toss around until all the cereal is coated with the mixture.
- Add half the powdered sugar to a large ziplock bag. Add the cereal and toss around to coat in the powdered sugar. Add the remaining powdered sugar to make sure all the cereal is coated.
- Transfer to an airtight container and add in the mini green M&Ms, right before serving.
Happy Snacking while you enjoy this fun new series Lost in Oz.