One of our favorite ways to use up leftover pork tenderloin is this recipe for Chile Verde Burritos. They’re so full of flavor, and it’s a great way to use up leftover pork.
We had leftover pork tenderloin from the night before and this recipe is my favorite way to use up pork in a fresh way.
Here is what you need:
– pork (cut into bite size pieces)
– a can of chopped green chiles
– 2 TBS. onion, chopped
– 2 TBS. tomato, chopped (fresh or from a can)
– cilantro, chopped
– 1 TBS. flour
– 1/4 tsp. cumin
– 1/4 tsp. oregano
– 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
– 1 cube chicken boullion
– 1/3 cup water
Here is a quick step by step:
1. Slice and chop the onions.
2. Saute the onions on medium heat with butter or margarine.
3. Brown the pork in a separate pan to help bring out the flavor of the pork and to give it those brown grill marks.
4. Once the onions are translucent, add in the green chiles.
5. Add in the flour and stir it in all around.
6. Add in the water, continue cooking and stirring.
7. Add in the pork.
8. Add in the tomatoes.
9. Add in the spices.
10. Add in the cilantro right at the end.
Serve it with fresh cilantro, grated cheese and wrap it up in a tortilla. YUM!
Next time you pick up a pork tenderloin for dinner, pick up these other ingredients too, so you can get two meals out of it!
*Original Publish date: 4/18/2012 – sharing with new photos