I’m a big fan of a good BLT. So when I first tried this salad, I was in BLT heaven. Let’s be honest the best part of a BLT is the B, followed by a garden fresh T and lastly the L.
Technically there is no L (lettuce) in this pasta salad, instead, there is an A…A for avocado. Even better, don’t you think?! We just substitute one green for another. Although I use “BLT”, because it’s the best way to describe how this salad tastes.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 pound bag of cooked rotini pasta
- 1 package of cooked and crumbled bacon
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
- 2 avocados sliced and diced
- The Dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- the juice of one big lemon
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- Make the dressing - combine all ingredients and pour over the cooked, drained and warm al dente rotini pasta.
- Toss the pasta in the dressing and store in the fridge over night.
- Cook and crumble the bacon.
- Right before serving (the next day), add the crumbled bacon, diced avocado and tomato halves to the pasta and toss all together.
That’s it! It’s the perfect salad to bring to a Summer BBQ.
*recipe adapted from Life’s Ambrosia
Looking for more great summer salads? You’ll love these: