I love an easy appetizer. Something that doesn’t take much to put together, and yet the flavor combinations feel like you spent a lot of time making it.
Last week, I ate at the Dodo restaurant in Salt Lake with my sisters, and we ordered the Baked cream cheese appetizer, and I haven’t stopped thinking about it…so, I had to make it at home. The recipe is pretty straight forward, but the flavors together are pretty amazing.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 package of cream cheese
- soy sauce
- toasted sesame seeds
- green apples
- fancy crackers
- To start, let the cream cheese sit out overnight to soften.
- In the morning, poke holes in the soft cream cheese and pour soy sauce all over it.
- Next roll the whole block of cream cheese in toasted sesame seeds. You can either buy pre-toasted sesame seeds, or you could toasted them your self.
- Finish off by warming the cream cheese appetizer slightly in a low temp oven in an oven proof baking dish. Even though the recipe says "baked cream cheese", it's more like slightly warmed.
- Once warm, you can serve. Thinly slice a ripe green apple and a pear for serving. I used my favorite ceramic mandolin to get perfect thin slices.
That’s it! You have to try it! It’s so good!