I wish I could take credit for the ultimate creation of this gem of a salad, but it has been a family favorite for years. With Barbecue Season here, I wanted to share this recipe. So here is the line up, just remember the lucky number seven for seven ingredients.
I use to chuck, but now I peel (Thank you Alton Brown!). Once you get that outer stuff off, it is good. You should give it a try. Avery loves it, so I usually save it for her.
#3 Spinach – don’t forget to take those stems off. Nothing worse than a long stem pokin’ out of your mouth full of salad (well, I guess there are worse things, like pickle juice in your eye. Now that is the worse thing).
So tell me, what will you be bringing to your next Bar-B-Q?
Spinach Tortellini Salad recipe:
- 1 20oz. package of 3 cheese tortellini (slightly cooked, cooled and chilled)
- 1 bag spinach
- 2 heads of brocoli
- 1 small package of grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 can of medium to large olives
- 1 small package of feta cheese
- Ken’s steak house dressing: Creamy Caesar
Toss all ingredients together. Use as much salad dressing as you prefer.
Connect with me: