This post is a week late, I was hoping to post it on Mother’s Day, we just never got around to taking any pictures with the kids. Truth be told, I am one of those moms that doesn’t love Mother’s Day…until the last two years. Why the change?!
For the last two years, my mom, sisters and I have spent a girl’s night away at a hotel before Mother’s Day. It’s so fun to be together, celebrating each of us as mothers. The best part is that I consider this to be my Mother’s Day gift, so there are no expectations for Sunday. It’s so nice. I hope it’s a tradition we have for many years to come.
Here are my 5:
1. I love that being a mom means FAMILY. Is there anything better than family?! Knowing I always belong to these great people I love to love.
2. I love being the mom to both a girl and a boy. Watching my boy shoot his Buzz Lightyear lazer and my girl concerned with her “outfits”. Both so different ~ both so fun.
3. Reading to them. The times when it’s just the two of us, with them sitting on my lap reading a book. These are times that I will always cherish.
4. The love and appreciation I now have for our mothers. You never realize all that your mom does for you, until you are a mom.
5. Laughing. I love that even at the earliest stages, both my kids have had a great sense of humor, and they love to laugh big old belly laughs. They are the best!
I love being a mom!
Thanks to all the great moms who joined in, I’m honored to have you.